With Wasabi Whipped Potatoes and Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms
Prep & Cook Time:30-40 min.
Cook Within:5 days
All ingredients are individually packaged, but our central facility
is not certified allergen-free. Furthermore, ingredient contents
may vary. Please check recipe cards and ingredient packaging for
allergens and nutrition facts.
If you have serious allergies, please use your best judgment or
consult a health professional to decide if our meals are safe for
A note about serious food allergies
A dish as beautiful as it is delicious, this simple flat-iron steak boasts umami-laden Asian flavors of teriyaki and Sriracha. It practically floats atop fluffy wasabi whipped potatoes crowned with rich roasted shiitake mushrooms – a dinner fit for royalty. Pair with a quality red wine or sake for an unforgettably luxe meal.
Due to our just-in-time sourcing model, we may have to send you a
substitute ingredient. Not to worry! We make sure every ingredient
sent to you meets our high quality standards. We’ll keep you
informed should a switch occur, so please check the ingredient
labels in your meal bag.
You Will Need
Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with foil.
• Rinse all produce
• Thinly slice the green onion at an angle (called a bias cut).
• Cut the stems from the shiitake mushrooms.
• Peel the potatoes and dice into 2-inch pieces. Place potatoes in a pot and fill with enough cold water to cover, plus a dash of salt. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are soft and fork tender, about 20 minutes.
• Rinse the steaks and pat dry.
Marinate the Steak
• While potatoes are cooking, place Teriyaki and Sriracha marinade in a shallow dish or high sided plate.
• Add steaks, and allow to marinate for 15 minutes, turning occasionally, or until you are ready to cook them.
Cook the Steak
• Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry with a paper towel.
• Lightly pepper each side of the steaks.
• Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
• When the pan is hot, cook steaks for 4-8 minutes on each side, or to your liking.
• Remove from pan and keep warm and let rest while you roast the mushrooms.
Roast the Mushrooms
• Place the mushrooms in a mixing bowl with 2 tsp. of olive oil.
• Coat the mushrooms with oil and a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
• Arrange coated mushrooms on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 6-7 minutes, or until caramelized and golden brown.
• They cook quickly, so watch closely.
Make the Wasabi-Whipped Potatoes
• Strain the cooked potatoes in a colander and return to pot. Add butter and cream and mash together with a potato masher or fork.
• In a bowl, whisk together wasabi powder and 2 Tbsp. water to form wasabi paste. Add to potatoes, a little at a time, tasting for desired heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover with a lid to keep warm until ready to serve.
Plate the Dish
• Place a dollop of wasabi whipped potatoes in the middle of the plate.
• Top the potatoes with the steak.
• Arrange roasted shitake mushrooms on top of the flat-iron steak.
• Garnish with sliced green onions.
Home Chef is a meal kit delivery service - order and receive home food delivery weekly.
Choose from 18 fresh recipes featuring steak, chicken, pork, fish, vegetarian options, and beyond to meet your cooking needs each week.